Motogadget m-Unit Basic
The m-Unit Blue and the new m-Unit Basic by Motogadget pack an unbelievable amount of tech into a tiny package with a footprint smaller than the average smartphone. At it’s core, a solid-state micro controller and fuse block replacement manages your bikes vital functions while providing a self-correcting monitoring system for electrical faults. In addition, it offers scores of features while simplifying your system by replacing loose relays and modules with programmable solid state components that provide superior performance and long term reliability. Motogadget produced the m-Unit Basic as a response to market demand as a step up from the older V.2 while not having the Bluetooth capability and accompanying features of the m-Unit Blue. You can compare the differences between the m-Unit V.2, Basic and Blue here.
The new m.Ride phone app enables you to sync your phone with the m-Unit Blue via Bluetooth® LE technology giving you access scores of new features absolutely unique to this product. Not sure you want that level of connectivity? No problem, program and diagnose your m-Unit manually just like the V.2 Perhaps our favorite feature is the Secure Encrypted “Keyless Go” function allowing you to turn on the ignition with a tap of the start button while your phone in in proximity like a modern luxury car, alternatively you can use your traditional key when your phone isn’t available. Make sure you review all of the features in the new m-Unit Blue in the tabs above.
Revival Cycles is the largest provider of Motogadget products in the Western Hemisphere and when you shop with us you get a lot more than you pay for. Not only are you helping us cover the costs of all the technical videos that the whole world refers to, you're also buying into an unparalleled level of support that can’t be matched by any ecommerce store on the web. We provide technical support derived from years of direct experience installing m-Units. and we have an understanding of the challenges and quirks you won't find answers for in the manual. Here are just some of the full complement of components, supplies & tools offered by Revival Cycles to help with your motorcycle restoration.
- - Complete digital pushbutton control unit; optional 4 or 5 pushbutton operation
- - Complete replacement of all OEM fuses. 10 independent circuits are digitally supervised; a circuit will be shut down in case of interferences. On removing the interference, the safety feature will be automatically reset
- - Integrated, digital, load-independent flasher relay; with programmable switch-off feature (optional), selectable m-wave mode
- - Integrated digital brake-light modulator with programmable flashing sequence, acceleration controlled emergency brake-light
- - Integrated starter relay for solenoid switch (up to 30A switching capacity)
- - Smart and fully configurable load control / shut-off for maximum starting power of battery on starting process
- - Low and high beam control (up to 200W switching power) using just one push button
- - Integrated digital horn relay
- - Integrated position-independent alarm system
- - Integrated hazard light feature
- - Internal LEDs that provide the status of the vehicles electrical system at a glance
- - Diagnostic feature for layout of input, output, circuit switching status plus diagnosis of electrical circuit, short-circuits, etc
- - Pairing of m-unit with other Motogadget products via LIN bus
- - Parking light, high beam flasher
- - Two fully configurable auxiliary outputs AUX1 and AUX2
- - Calibration and current monitoring allows defect detection of all lights and blinkers
- - 1 battery mounting terminal and 2 mounting holes, one of which is used as a ground.
- - The m.unit Basic use spring terminal blocks. This is done by pressing the orange colored insert, then inserting the cable end into the terminal block then pressing down on the orange insert.
- - The m.unit Basic inputs have the same maximum current (0.01A) and minimum wire cross-sections (0.1mm²).
- - The V.2, Blue, and Basic outputs have the same *maximum current (10A) and *minimum wire cross-sections (1.5mm²). *Start outputs for the V.2, Blue, and Basic are 30A and 2.5mm². *AUX outputs for the m.unit Blue and Basic are greater than the m.unit V.2 Blue and Basic=20A V.2=16A